These muffins are delicious. They are super quick to repair, perfect for a quick dinner and leftovers are great for lunch the next day. The goats cheese is a great alternative if you can’t tolerate cows cheese well. It is much easier to digest and still adds that salty cheesy flavour to these muffins.
Goats Feta and Sweet Potato Egg Muffins
- April 3, 2017
- 12 muffins
- 30 min Prep
- 60 min Cook
- Easy Difficulty
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs
- 100g goats cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 case muffin tin with muffin papers.
- Step 2
- Add the onion, sweet potato, olive oil, sea salt and nutmeg to a roasting tray. Mix everything together so the olive oil and nutmeg coat the sweet potato pieces well. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Step 3
- While the sweet potato is roasting prepare your eggs. Add 6 eggs to a bowl and beat for a few minutes.
- Step 4
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and divide between the 12 muffins. Pour the egg mixture over the top of each muffin and top with some crumbled goats cheese.
- Step 5
- Pop back in the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Step 6
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with some fresh thyme leaves just before servings.