This recipe is perfect for adults and for kids. I bake this a lot for my 11 month old son and he loves this. When I bake this recipe I usually pour it into a square slice tin to bake as it’s so much quicker than filling a muffin tray. Once baked and cool I slice it into soldiers which are perfect for little hands to pick up. If you do have the time this recipe will work in a muffin tin, simply reduce the baking time to 20 minutes.
To make this recipe dairy free leave out the goats feta.
This recipe is suitable for babies from 9 months of age. As long as whole eggs have already been introduced.
Pumpkin & Zucchini Muffins / Slice
- October 10, 2021
- 1 hr 15 min
- Print this
- 1 zucchini, approx. 190g
- ¼ pumpkin, skin removed, approx. 190g
- ½ tsp sea salt*
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c olive oil
- 75g goats feta, crumbled
- 190g brown rice flour
- 30g tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- *Leave salt out if this is for babies
- Step 1
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease and line a square brownie tin (20cm x 20cm).
- Step 2
- Finely grate the zucchini and pumpkin, and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the salt, eggs, olive oil and goats feta. Using a fork beat the mixture together until well combined.
- Step 3
- Add the brown rice flour, tapioca flour and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Step 4
- Pour the mixture into your brownie tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Until cooked through and golden brown.
- Step 5
- Allow to cool before serving, enjoy!