This dish is quick to prepare and perfect for a weekday meal or something to impress your dinner guests with on the weekend. It’s a light and fresh meal, the salmon is a great source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids.
Teriyaki Salmon with Cucumber Salad
- September 28, 2016
- 15 min Prep
- 15 min Cook
- Super Easy Difficulty
- 4 tbs tamari sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets (tail pieces)
- 2 tbs toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 toasted black sesame seeds
- Step 1
- Add the tamari sauce, fish sauce, raw honey, grated ginger and crushed garlic into a small saucepan. Place over a medium heat and cook for a few minutes until the honey has melted and the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Step 2
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat and place the salmon fillets into the fry pan skin side down. Brush the teriyaki sauce thinly onto the top of the salmon. Flip the fillets after 3 minutes and cook for a further minute on this side. Brush the skin of the salmon with the teriyaki sauce, then remove from the fry pan and brush the top of the salmon again with more teriyaki sauce and sprinkle the toasted white sesame seeds over the top.
- Step 3
- To prepare the cucumber salad cut thin ribbons from the cucumber using a vegetable peeler. Add these to a bowl along with the red onion, coriander, lemon juice and toasted black sesame seeds. Toss together gently until well combined.
- Step 4
- Serve on a large platter with some extra toasted black sesame seeds scattered over the top.