The smoked paprika is the key ingredient that makes these chicken skewers taste amazing, don’t be tempted to replace this with sweet or hot paprika!
Smoked Paprika Chicken Skewers
- September 28, 2016
- 10 min Prep
- 30 min Cook
- Moderate Difficulty
- 8 skewers*
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Step 1
- Cut each chicken thigh fillet into 3-4 pieces, place these into a bowl along with the tomato paste, sea salt, smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander and olive oil. The best way to mix this together is to get in there with your hands and massage the chicken thigh pieces until completely covered.
- Step 2
- Skewer the chicken pieces onto your skewers, keeping the chicken pieces pushed close together.
- Step 3
- Heat the BBQ and cook your chicken skewers over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. If the outside has coloured very fast but the inside hasn’t finished cooking yet you can finish them off in the oven to prevent them from getting too chargrilled!
* If the skewers you use are wooden you’ll need to soak them the evening before to prevent them from burning on the BBQ. You can also wrap the ends in aluminium foil to prevent them from catching.