This recipe requires gluten free rolled oats. Oats are actually gluten free themselves, but it is during processing that they can become contaminated with other gluten containing grains. Make sure the rolled oats you buy specify that they are gluten free and processed in a dedicated gluten free facility. You’ll be able to buy these rolled oats from most health food stores. If you’re not able to find these then replace the rolled oats with some chopped almonds.
Banana & Oat Crusted Muffins
- December 2, 2016
- 12 muffins
- 20 min Prep
- 30 min Cook
- Moderate Difficulty
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with muffin wrappers.
- Step 2
- Add the mashed bananas, eggs and olive oil to a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Step 3
- Add the coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, rice flour and buckwheat flour and mix together until well combined.
- Step 4
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cases and top each muffin with a sprinkling of rolled oats.
- Step 5
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 6
- These are perfect for school lunches as they are nut free as well as gluten and dairy free.